This December we’ve decided to roll up our sleeves, put on our pinnys and get covered in flour all in the name of BeneBakes! What is BeneBakes you ask? It’s all about you lovely Benebabes sharing the yummy Christmas bakes you make this month! And to get you in the festive baking mood we thought we’d share a step by step guide of our own Bene-style Christmas cake…as (not too) perfectly demonstrated by our own digital darlings Rach & Meg.
YOU WILL NEED-
For the cake…
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g brown sugar
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 225g fruit mince
- 2 tbs brandy
For the topping…
- 50g hazelnuts
- 50g blanched almonds
- 85g brazil nuts
- 140g red glace cherries
- 100g golden syrup
For the icing…
- 2/3 cup (100g) icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a caked shaped tin.
- Make the butter and sugar light and fluffy by beating it with an electric whisk.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, butter milk and eggs followed by the fruit mince and brandy (Try not to drink it…)- remember to stir it good gals, cooking burns calories don’t you know!
- Spoon this yummy mixture into the tin and pop into the oven for 1 hour.
One hour of make-upping/girly gossiping later and you’re ready to get creating your delicious decorating!
5.Place nuts, cherries and golden syrup in a pan over medium heat then cover the cake with this topping (if you can resist eating it) and put back into the oven for a further 15 mins.
Some more general Benebabe activity later…
6. Take your masterpiece out of the oven and if you’re a classy girl maybe leave it there.
7. However, if you’re a flamboyant pink obsessed Benebabe who doesn’t know when to stop like us then cover your cake with candy stripe icing and an abundance of stars and sprinkles!
and Voilaaaaaa- your beautiful BeneBake is born!!!
If you decide to create this or any other festive bake then we want to know! Send us a photo via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and we’ll be sure to have a look and pick a winner at the end of the month! @Benefitcosmeticsuk & @Benefit_UK_IRE & hashtag #
Lots of love, lipstick and festive baking cheer,
Glam Squad xxx